Issue: The stake.link UI displays an incorrect or misleading stLINK amount when staking LINK.What I am seeingOn the stake.link staking page, the interface explicitly shows:Exchange Rate: 1 LINK = 1 stLINKHowever, when I enter my LINK amount and proceed with staking, the amount of stLINK I receive appears to be lower than the LINK amount I deposited.For example, the interface shows:1 LINK = 1 stLINKand my LINK balance is:141.749527 LINKYet the resulting stLINK amount does not appear to correspond to a 1:1 exchange.Why this is confusingIf the displayed exchange rate is genuinely 1 LINK = 1 stLINK, users should reasonably expect:141.749527 LINK → 141.749527 stLINKIf this is not how the protocol actually works, then the UI should clearly display the real conversion mechanism and the exact amount of stLINK the user will receive before the transaction is confirmed.Possible issueCould this be a frontend/UI calculation bug, an outdated exchange-rate display, or an issue with how stLINK’s rebasing/exchange rate is represented?Please clarify:Is 1 LINK = 1 stLINK currently the actual staking conversion rate?If yes, why can the amount of stLINK received be lower than the amount of LINK deposited?If the displayed 1:1 rate is only a UI representation and does not reflect the actual amount received, could the interface be updated to show the exact amount of stLINK that will be received?Could this be related to the current stLINK rebasing/accounting mechanism?I have screenshots showing the 1 LINK = 1 stLINK display and the amount shown in the staking interface.Please investigate this, as the current UI could cause users to misunderstand how many stLINK they will actually receive.This is especially important because the discrepancy is visible before confirming the transaction.
Hi Roki, first of all, welcome to the Governance Forum. 1 stLINK is indeed always backed by 1 LINK, so there is no mistake there. Could you please help me understand better your situation by answering to the following questions?
- What method did you use to stake your LINK? Did you use Curve to swap your LINK for stLINK? Did you stake SDL and then deposited in the Priority Pool?
- What do you see when you connect your wallet to the Portfolio tracker? https://stake.link/portfolio
- Do you see any pending “Priority Pool LINK”?
Thanks in advance, answering these questions will help me troubleshoot with you in order to find out what’s the issue.
Hi, I think I can now clarify exactly what happened.
I did not intentionally use Curve or perform a swap.
I was using the normal Stake function on stake.link. When I pressed Stake, instead of the normal 1:1 staking flow, my wallet showed the transaction in the attached screenshot:
Trade $1,536.95 of LINK for STLINK
1 LINK = 0.047048 STLINK
From: 141.75 LINK
To: 6.669 STLINK
This was very unexpected because I had selected Stake, not a Curve/DEX swap.
I did not proceed with the transaction because the quoted amount was obviously incorrect.
Later that same evening, I tried pressing Stake again and the staking flow worked normally, with the expected 1:1 conversion.
So I believe this may have been a temporary frontend/routing issue where the Stake button incorrectly generated a swap transaction or displayed an incorrect route.
Could you please investigate why the Stake function generated this quote?
The screenshot is attached. The discrepancy was:
141.75 LINK → 6.669 stLINK
instead of approximately:
141.75 LINK → 141.75 stLINK
I did not execute the transaction, so no funds were lost.
I would especially like to know whether the frontend temporarily routed the staking request through a DEX/Curve swap instead of the normal Priority Pool staking contract.
Thanks for helping me investigate this
