Epoch 1 Community Council Seat Nominations

Pursuant to the unanimously passed SLURP-12 | Community Council Seats it is my pleasure to present the candidates for the next Community Council election!

As a reminder, I’m sourcing these from the #epoch-1-council-nominations channel on the stake.link Discord!

We’re a day late here - that’s on me. I’ll add an additional 12 hours on the tail end of the vote in case this has caused anyone difficulty.

Voting Process

You will be able to vote for multiple candidates with any amount of your voting power that you desire. You will need to know how much voting power total you have, as SnapShot doesn’t do a super job of indicating this. It can be helpful to identify your voting power using read only mode if you don’t want to connect your wallet to check on the stake.link UI. Note also that unstaked/unlocked SDL and SDL in your SushiSwap LP position confers voting power, but at a 1:1 rate with reSDL (meaning 1 unlocked SDL confers 1 SDL worth of voting power, while 1 SDL locked for 4 years confers 9 SDL worth of voting power).

Your Candidates

BuffTuck (aka Michael)

bufftuck_ on Discord

I self nominate myself,

I have been holding $LINK for a few years now and keep up with all announcements / releases. I have bought / been airdropped SDL from the get go and have staked SDL for 4 years. I also have $LINK in the priority pool as well as stLINK since it was available.

Reason for running to become a bigger part of SDL and steer protocol in a way beneficial to its future. SDL is and will remain the best liquid staking platform with the best NOP’s around. I will give community a strong voice in the voting process with all direction being towards the long term sustainability and success of the platform. I feel i have a fairly good grasp on the long term goals of SDL and Chainlink themselves and would be excited to have a bigger role in the protocol vs just holding and supporting / staking, that way it can be ensured the decisions made best suit the community while balancing the long term vision of the protocol.

@michael_p3711 on telegram, @BuffTuck on twitter.

SethVdL

sethvdl on Discord, incumbent Community Council Seat member

I am formally announcing my candidacy for another term as Community Seat on the SDL governance council. Having been appointed to represent the community, I look forward to the election process this time around. My governance resume includes co-authoring Slurp-9 (Deploy stake.link to Optimism) and solo authoring Slurp-12 (Defining Community Seats). Outside of SDL, I was a two term governance council member of Thales protocol and have been active in Optimism governance.
I cook food professionally, and look forward to cooking up a few SDL W’s over the next epoch.
Discord/Telegram: SethVdL
X: @sethvanderlaan
ENS: Vote4S.eth

Rugs

larp7 on Discord

Hey, I’m Rugs, a longtime lurker, I think it’s time for me to step up and voice my commitment to our community. my twitter is RugsNotDrugs
My journey in the SDL ecosystem has been quite the ride. I’ve held LINK for years, LPL as well, migrated over and staked SDL, and weathered the storm through ups and downs, including those tricky Celsius and Bancor moments.
I’m in a unique position to bridge communication gaps among our global community as I am in a GMT+8 timezone.
was a military pilot previously, currently “unemployed” or full time crypto I guess.
I’m motivated to run for a council seat to ensure our community’s voice is heard. SDL is a remarkable liquid staking platform, and I’m committed to steering it toward a prosperous future.

lyvoo

lyvoo on Discord

Hi I’m Lyvoo,

I would like to formally nominate myself for the candidacy of the Community Seat.

I have been an active member of the $LINK community for a number of year now both on CT and in the various unofficial chats on telegram. I have held LP for many years and now migrated to SDL on day 1, and locked in reSDL for 4 years.

I am an accountant by profession so have intimate knowledge of the financial backing that the protocol is made on top of. I believe this will bring a very valuable insight and knowledge that the community will benefit from.

I will give the community a strong voice and represent their views in a candid and honest manor. I feel I have very good connections with the community and have earnt their trust over the last few years which enables me to act in their best interest. Being based in the UK, I am in the perfect time zone to stay in touch with all members of the community, whether they are in the USA or Middle East or Australia.

I look forward to representing you all in the future.
@lyvoo on all socials.

Ari

arikiry on Discord

I am thrilled to put forward Ari as a nominee for a community seat in the upcoming epoch. With a background in electrical engineering and over 12 years following the crypto space, Ari’s recent selection and acceptance into a Blockchain-focused Master’s program showcases his commitment to expanding his knowledge. This program connects him with industry leaders, from Gnosis team members to institutional heads of digital assets, further enriching his expertise.

Ari is currently in the process of writing a blog post where he shares his perspective on LINK liquid staking, and it will be published soon.

To provide some context, Ari had been discussing LINK liquid staking many months before the launch of stakedotlink, even when no one else seemed to believe in the potential of liquid staking for LINK. You might wonder why. The answer is simple: he was questioning how oracles for the proof of reserve functioned on LIDO even before the protocol was launched in December 2019.

I have confidence that all individuals who have self-nominated for the position will excel. Let me clarify, Ari is committed to contributing to the stakedotlink protocol wherever he can offer assistance no matter what the community votes, because he genuinely believes in the mission.

Good luck everyone and happy voting.

Kind regards.
Tg: @ arikiry
X: @ari_kiry
1truth4all.eth

2 Likes

Best of luck to everyone going up for nominations. May the odds be ever in your favor!

1 Like